This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Sector||Transport and Logistics - Transport Planner|
|Salary||Up to £25000 per annum|
|Job Ref||Planner Nights_1526051987|
Evans Jones Associates is now a well-established independent recruitment consultancy that is keen on delivering excellence within the Transport and Logistics industry.
We are dedicated to serving our clients and candidates alike with the highest levels of service, knowledge, professionalism, honesty and integrity.
We are thrilled to be recruiting on behalf and alongside our National, reputable client, based in Amesbury. Having over 30 years in the business and is present within 12 depots throughout the UK our client can offer stability and a long lasting career within transport
We are thrilled to recruiting for a permanent transport supervisor to work on a shift pattern of '4 days on, 4 days off'. Hours of work 1800 - 0600
Job Purpose: To take responsibility for the timely traffic planning of routes and scheduling delivery times to ensure that the customer receives a first class service in a cost effective way.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Carry out tasks largely unsupervised to cost and quality standards
- Plan ahead - tasks and resources
- Liaise with internal/external customers to resolve problems.
- Collect, analyse and distribute information/data.
- Provide professional/specialist advice both internally and externally.
- Developing relationships with external customer.
- Specify and ensure levels of support service are in place.
- Prioritise and co-ordinate workloads
Specific Key Accountabilities
- Working with customers/suppliers/drivers and other traffic desks, planning routes and scheduling delivery times to ensure the smooth running of the operation
- Prioritising workload, route planning driver brief and de-brief
- Liaise with other depots within the Company
- Driver communication and monitoring
- Strong organisational skills for planning schedules, journeys and loads
- Proactively work to reduce late deliveries and missed time slots
- Ability to work flexibly and to make decisions quickly
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels
- Maintain computerised system Manpac. Have the skills to use excel spread sheet
- A good understanding of transport regulations currently in force
- Good geographical knowledge
- Booking driver agency staff depending on workload
- Must monitor Compliance and work with drivers and Compliance to eliminate infringements
- Ensure that vehicles and trailers are available in a timely manner to adhere to Compliance and inspection requirements
- Provide general support appropriate to the management when require.
Specific Qualifications/ Job Training
Experience of working at a similar level.
CPC holder desirable (National) but not essential
Job specific qualification preferred
Dealing with VOSA Compliance
Problem solving/logical thinking
Working unsupervised, continually managing time and prioritising work to meet tight deadlines
Computer skills, Manpac (desirable), Excel
Good communication skills, interaction at all levels internal and external.
Team player with a flexible 'Can Do' attitude